Farm Day - Saturday, May 18, 2013
10 AM – 4 PM
Van Vleck Farm and Nature Sanctuary
Take a trip back in time and recapture the sights, sounds and smells of a real New England farm at our celebration of the outdoors!
- Live farm animals
- Sheep herding demos by Up, Up, & Away, llc
- Tractor rides
- Square dancing demonstration with Allan Brozek and Rocking Rooster Square Dance Club from 12 PM-1 PM (approximately)
- Gardening talks and tips
- Native American planting demonstration
- Demonstrations of crafts and outdoor cooking
- Live music and entertainment - featuring the Jugadelics band 11 AM-12 PM and 1:30 PM - ?
Click here to download the Farm Day flyer.
PROGRAM FEE $5 per person/ $15 per family/ $30 for groups of 8 or more. Call 203-263-3711, x 12 to register your group or for more information.
THIRD ANNUAL FIBER ARTS EXHIBITION & SALE
May 18 – 19
In conjunction with Farm Day and also on Sunday, May 19th. The show will be open from 10 AM – 4 PM Saturday and 12 PM - 4PM on Sunday. The exhibit will take place in the Studio and will feature fiber art handmade by local artists. Some of the categories featured are knitting, quilting, weaving, crochet, spinning and needle felting. All local fiber artists are encouraged to submit entries. Entry applications are due by May 13th and art must be submitted for display by May 17th. See below for forms and information, and check Facebook as well. You may also call 203-263-3711. For complete categories, entry forms, fees, rules and more information, call 203-263-3711 x 12.
Click here to download the Fiber Arts Exhibition Brochure.